I created this easy no bake pizza sauce recipe because I had an abundance of oregano growing in my garden like a weed. I crunched on some raw Oregano and knew exactly what to do with it. Most people don't want to bite in to bland Pizza sauce. If you want your taste buds to be assualted by the good stuff like oregano then this page is for you. If you want bland Domino's Pizza Sauce that doesn't punch you in the nose with Oregano like Clubber Lang did to Rocky, then keep scrolling.
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes (We insist on canned diced tomatoes, because real tomatoes will be to watery for a good Pizza a Pie)
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of oregano leaves (You want this sauce to punch you in the face)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (If you don't have virgin olive oil, just invite Chuck Norris over to spend the night)
1. Add 1 cup of Oregano Leaves to the bottom of a food processor of blender.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients
3. Pulse 15 times or till Oregano surenders and emulsifies. (It could also use it's safe word.)
4. Store in an airtight container.
This homemade pizza sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. It's a delicious base for your homemade pizzas and can be customized by adding additional herbs or spices to suit your taste, and don't forget to say, "Mamma mia, it's just like my Mamma used to da make." Enjoy!
These Recipes are from Patrick Handy's simple taste buds. I'm a simple man that enjoys comfort foods. Foods are labeled comfort for a reason, now let's open a beer and sit down by the fire to have deep chats about the universe.