This is a super quick and easy Pizza Dough recipe that is very easy to make. I like to nead the Dough by hand using Latex gloves rather than a wooden spoon. Hell, you can even toss it in the air if you would like. It's so easy, it will have you eating Pizza for days straight.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) Fast-Acting dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of warm water (about 110°F/43°C)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 pair of latex gloves
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of flour (set 1 cup aside), instant yeast, sugar, Italian Seasoning, and salt. (All dry ingredients at this point)
- Add Olive Oil and Warm water
- Mix using your hands and a pair of Latex Gloves
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl, turning it to coat it with oil. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down to release the air. Divide the dough into two equal portions if you prefer thin-crust pizzas, or leave it as one for a thicker crust.
- On a floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to your desired thickness. If the dough becomes too elastic and springs back, let it rest for a few minutes before continuing to roll.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough to a pizza stone, baking sheet, or pizza peel dusted with flour or cornmeal to prevent sticking.
- At this point, you can add your desired pizza toppings and bake in a preheated oven at 475°F (245°C) for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Now you have a homemade pizza dough ready to be topped with your favorite ingredients and baked to perfection! Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza!
These Recipes are from Patrick Handy's simple taste buds. I'm a simple man that enjoys comfort foods. Foods are labeled comfort for a reason, now let's open a beer and sit down by the fire to have deep chats about the universe.